Welcome! We are excited to help you with the Intake Process and we hope to make it as simple as possible for you.
- Do you have benefit coverage via an extended health plan such as Manulife or Alberta Blue Cross?
- Yes. Call your benefit provider and complete the Insurance Coverage Details Form while you have them on the line. We would perform this service, however, many benefit providers will not give the information to another party.
- No. Go to question 2.
- Will you be applying for one of our subsidies?
- Yes. Please go to our subsidy section and identify which subsidy that you are eligible for and then follow the instructions to either complete the appropriate form or to prepare the information that you will need to have ready when you call us.
- No. Go to question 3.
- We will assist you in matching you with a counsellor. However, we recommend that you read the profiles of our counsellors and see if there is one that you feel would be a good fit. Also keep in mind that the designation that your benefit provider said that they would cover may limit your choice of counsellors.
Great! Now you are ready to complete the process and prepare the Appointment Request Form.
- I would like to complete all of the forms via phone.
Before you call, please be sure to have the following information handy:
- If applicable, the answers to all of the questions on the Insurance Coverage Details Form.
- If applicable, the information required for completing the appropriate Subsidy Application.
- The information that is required for completing the Appointment Request Form.
- I would like to complete the form in person.
- If applicable, bring the completed Insurance Coverage Details Form.
- If applicable, the information required for completing the appropriate Subsidy Application Form and copies of your proof of income and special expenses verification as indicated on the application form.
- The information that is required for completing the Intake Form.
- I would like to complete the form and email it to you.
You can print all of the applicable forms, fill them in, and then scan & email them to firstname.lastname@example.org . The forms and document that you may have to include are as follows:
- If applicable, please include the completed Insurance Coverage Details Form.
- If applicable, please include the completed Subsidy Application Form and copies of your proof of income and special expenses verification as indicated on the application form.
- A completed Intake Form.
Super! Now that we have all of your information, we can process your file. We will do so as quickly as possible and then contact you to book your first appointment. Please note that for privacy reasons, our number will come up on your call display as No Caller ID.
Congratulations! Your appointment is booked and you are almost ready to go. Please arrive about 20 minutes early for your first appointment as we will need to do the following:
- Copy your benefits card, if applicable.
- Sign any forms that require you signature.
- Complete any additional forms that may have been deemed necessary during the Intake Process.
- Collect payment for your appointment fee.
When you meet your counsellor for the first time, they will go over our policies and procedures regarding client therapy, give you a chance to ask questions, and then have you sign a form indicating that you understand and agree to the content of the document.
Thank you for your patience with this process. We understand that it can appear somewhat daunting; this is surely not our intention but we must be sure to follow best practices and complete all of the steps necessary prior to providing you with counselling.